Provides various technical skills and experience related to memorabilia/artifact collection documentation for one of the largest private movie, pop-culture, and music memorabilia collections in the world.
- Completes necessary documentation associated with memorabilia collections and related activities including loans, gifts, and condition reports.
- Uses a collection database system including file creation and data entry.
- Uses collections management database software to track object locations and movement.
- Uses a barcoding system.
- Performs basic collection photography, image naming according to standard collection documentation protocols.
- Assist with layout and design of memorabilia displays.
- Performs highly organized and detailed focused work.
- Takes initiative and ask questions.
- Communicates clearly and uses interpersonal skills to facilitate workflow.
- Works independently and in a team setting.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Competency Statement(s) * Problem Solving- Identifies root cause(s) and recognizes/resolves routine problems within a defined scope; duties and tasks standardized. * Decision Making- Work is generally performed according to standard procedures and/or detailed oral or written instructions; when decisions are required, they are made within the department. * Attributes/skills: -Customer service-ability to respond to client's needs or concerns -Judgment- ability and willingness to make decisions which can be reasoned and supported * Job specific attributes/skills: -Analytical and detail-oriented -Oral communications skills
SKILLS & ABILITIES
BA in history, museum studies, public history or equivalent +1 year relevant experience working in museum or archives setting.
Experience with Filemaker software (or other museum/archives collections database) and creation of catalog records preferred
Related experience/knowledge in the area of museum/archives registration and record keeping principles and practices, preventative conservation, artifact handling and packing, and condition reporting * Valid Driver's license
Job Type: Full-time
To Apply, visit the job posting